Tools for Learning – Backpack Project
AT&T Pioneers ~ IL North Council
“Tools for Learning ~ Backpack Project”
This project has been in existence for over 20 years, helping to ensure hundreds of elementary school children whose families need assistance are able to start
the school year, with the right tools to learn. With the generosity and caring AT&T Pioneer Volunteers, Employees, Families & Friends this can again be accomplished!
School is here… and the AT&T Pioneers are ready to assist those children in need!
How can YOU help?
- Purchase general school supplies for donation (without having to purchase a backpack)
- Purchase backpack(s) for donation ~ no need to put school supplies in the backpacks – just provide the backpack(s)
- Donate monetary dollars for the Pioneers to purchase supplies and backpacks. Make checks payable to: AT& T Pioneers and send to JK2678 along with an email to JK2678@att.com that you have sent a donation OR cash donations are also accepted at any of the locations/contacts – receipt can be provided.
- Drop items off at locations noted below
- Donations are being accepted NOW as the school year is here!
- AT&T Pioneers NORTH Council is working with over 10 schools to provide school supplies and backpacks to children in need!
School Supplies & Backpack Drop Off Locations:
Monetary Donations being accepted only due to building closing for WP2020 effort – send to JK2678 – donations will be used to purchase backpacks and supplies
Arlington Heights – 95 W Algonquin Road
Deana Truppa – DT2368 Room 620E
Jennifer Dohnal – JD7689 Room 432G
Sonia Murdock – SM1658 Room 532D
Arlington Heights – 44 S Vail
Deana Truppa – DT2368 Lower level break room
DesPlaines – 2004 Miner Street
Patty Corbett – MC7481 1st Floor
Schaumburg – 930 National Parkway
Yolande Tinson – YT6397 3rd Floor
Wheaton – 225 W. Wesley
Sue Grimsley – SG4983 1st Floor
Chicago – 600 N Michigan Avenue
Marlene Saba – MS825S
Andrew Kelm – AK236S
Oak Brook – 1000 Commerce Drive
THANK YOU for already collecting 100 filled backpacks!
Sylvia Jaimes & Mike Tannura
General School Supply Suggestions
- Red Pens
- Erasable Blue & Black Pens
- Pencils #2 (no mechanical pencils)
- Crayons – 24 count
- Crayola colored pencils – 12 count
- Crayola Fine Tip Markers – 12 count bold colors
- Crayola Thick Markers – 12 count bold colors
- Pencil sharpeners with catch sharing
- Pink erasers
- Highlighters Yellow Thick
- Highlighters Colored Multi 3pack Thin
- 2-pocket folders (poly/plastic and regular)
- Spiral notebooks – wide ruled
- Notebook Paper – wide ruled
- Composition Notebooks – wide ruled
- Rulers (no metal edges)
- Elmer’s glue 4oz.
- Glue sticks
- Scissors – blunt tip/ 5” and Fiskars No. 7
- School boxes – plastic size 5×8
- Sanitizing Wipes
- Kleenex boxes
- Fabric bag – zippered 10×7”
- Protractors (clear only)
- Compasses (metal only)
THANK YOU FOR VOLUNTEERING!
CONFIDENT. COMMITTED. CONNECTED.
Making a difference in local communities